Dear valued clients,
We hope that you had an enjoyable and safe Memorial Day weekend and that you, your colleagues and loved ones are doing well amidst the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
Despite the uncertain times, we are pleased to inform you that NYI facilities have been running smoothly throughout. We would like to take a moment to thank our dedicated staff of onsite technicians and engineers for the fantastic job they are doing in keeping our data centers spotless, safe, and fully operational.
Extension of COVID-19 protocols through August 31
As some states begin a “re-opening” process and start easing COVID-19-related restrictions, it is critical that we remain vigilant and continue to ensure the health and safety of staff, clients, and partners. As such, please be advised that we will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow the protocols outlined in the NYI Covid-19 Preparedness Plan, Response Procedures and Data Center Access Request Process through August 31 with the following addition:
Effective June 1
- Visitors to any NYI facilities are required to wear a mask or a face covering; employees and contractors will also continue to wear masks.
In order to keep traffic to a minimum and support social distancing standards, we will continue to follow the appointment-only protocol as outlined in our Data Center Access Request Process.
We encourage clients, however, to continue to limit the number of data center visits and to take advantage of our Remote Hands service.
In addition to wearing a mask or face covering, we encourage all visitors to continue to take proactive measures including:
- Practice social distancing and limit close contact with NYI engineering and security personnel.
- Limit visiting staff and vendors to essential personnel only.
- Advise personnel, vendors or visitors to avoid visiting the facility if feeling any cold or flu-like symptoms or if they have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Increase personal hygiene efforts by routinely washing hands and using hand sanitizer
We are all in this together and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation. These measures will help us ensure the health of our NYI community and the continuity of our services.
Thank you and stay well,
Chief Operating Officer