This role requires a motivated and capable individual that has a deep understanding of switching, routing, load balancing/proxies, and related protocols. The Network Administrator will maintain, improve, and extend a multi-tenant network spanning multiple data centers, and use and expand his/her knowledge to improve operational efficiency, reliability and security.
- Maintain and extend NYI data center networks
- Deploy and maintain NYI client networks
- Analyze existing network implementations, and
- Propose and implement improvements (redundancy, efficiency, security, automation) to existing networks
- 5+ Years in a multi-tenant, heterogeneous network environment
- Core routing and switching concepts and implementations: BGP, STP, EIGRP, HSRP, VLANs, Trunking, VXLANs, Tunnels / Encapsulation (GRE, IPSec)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco/IOS
- Network and service monitoring – SNMP, external monitoring like Zabbix and/or Observium
- Data Center Environment – Layer 2/3 deployments including physical network installations, patching, and cross-connects
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues within a Data Center Environment
- Familiarity with Unix (mostly FreeBSD/Linux) Server Platforms
- Anycast networking
- Automation and Centralized Configuration ( Subversion/Git, Ansible, others)
- Scripting (PHP, Python, shell/bash)
The ideal candidate would have an understanding and familiarity with Data Center Operations in order to support those operations, and be able to approach service diagnostics end-to-end from both the networking layers, up to the application layer or physical server hosting the service.