NYI is looking for a motivated and capable individual that has a deep understanding of switching, routing, load balancing/proxies, and related protocols. The Network Administrator will maintain, improve, and extend a multi-tenant network spanning multiple data centers, and use and expand his/her knowledge to improve operational efficiency and network security.
The ideal candidate would have an understanding and familiarity with Data Center Operations in order to support those operations and be able to approach service diagnostics end-to-end from both the networking layers, up to the application layer or physical server hosting the service.
- Maintain and extend NYI data center networks
- Deploy and maintain NYI client networks
- Analyze existing network implementations, and
- Propose and implement improvements (redundancy, efficiency, security, automation) to existing networks
- 5+ Years in a multi-tenant, heterogeneous network environment
- Core routing and switching concepts and implementations (BGP, STP, EIGRP, HSRP, VLANs, VXLANs and Trunking)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco/IOS
- Network and service monitoring – SNMP, external monitoring like Zabbix and/or Observium
- Data Center Environment – Layer 2/3 deployments including physical network installations, patching, and cross-connects
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues within a Data Center Environment
- Familiarity with Unix (mostly FreeBSD/Linux) Server Platforms
- Automation and Centralized Configuration ( Subversion/Git, Ansible, others)
- Scripting (PHP, Python, shell/bash)
Established in 1996, NYI is a leading provider of agile hybrid IT solutions and a trusted infrastructure partner to clients across a range of industries. NYI is headquartered in the heart of the Wall Street area and owns and maintains its own data centers. The company’s core services include colocation, cloud, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions, complemented by an extensive set of Professional and Managed Services capabilities.
We offer a comprehensive package with competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, along with a full range of medical, dental/vision insurance and 401(K) plan from the first day of your employment. Other perks include HealthCare FSA, Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, Basic Life insurance and access to a Learning portal with thousands of courses and books.