NYI is seeking a Data Center Technician for the weekend shift. Whether you are an experienced technician or are looking to jumpstart your career in the field of Internet technology, we are looking for an individual who can work under minimum supervision (due to the nature of the shift), but at the same time, is able to make sound judgements, prioritize and communicate with the client and the team as the needs present themselves.
At NYI, you will have the opportunity to explore the inner workings of how the Internet and associated technologies work. You will gain exposure to all aspects of critical infrastructure from the fundamentals of the data center, through the network elements, cloud technologies and all the way up the IT stack which will provide you with a wealth of experience that will be invaluable as your career takes shape.
- Overseeing, maintaining and monitoring of NYI network and all related hardware
- Hardware, software, and network troubleshooting and providing break/fix resolution or escalation
- Keeping records of maintenance activities and system performance
- Working with other technicians to support client servers, including logging into clients’ consoles, troubleshooting, rebooting, racking and stacking of equipment, i.e. acting as remote hands
- Checking and updating trouble tickets, logging all interaction with clients through HelpDesk
- Must have some hands on experience, along with strong knowledge in hardware, software and network troubleshooting
- Must have technical proficiency in relevant operating systems (particularly Unix Based) and applications
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and safety
- Please note, this job involves heavy lifting
Established in 1996, NYI is a leading provider of agile hybrid IT solutions and a trusted infrastructure partner to clients across a range of industries. NYI is headquartered in the heart of the Wall Street area and owns and maintains its own data centers. The company’s core services include colocation, cloud, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions, complemented by an extensive set of Professional and Managed Services capabilities.
We offer a comprehensive package with competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, along with a full range of medical, dental/vision insurance and 401(K) plan from the first day of your employment. Other perks include HealthCare FSA, Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, Basic Life insurance and access to a Learning portal with thousands of courses and books.
Job Type: Part-time