NYI is looking for a personable and self-driven individual with a keen interest in all aspects of the data center and a strong instinct for troubleshooting to fill our Data Center Technician role, supporting our clients and our internal network. You’ll put your problem-solving skills to the test as you oversee, maintain, and monitor NYI’s network and all related hardware. Your attention to detail and safety will ensure happy customers and smooth operations.
- Oversee, maintain and monitor NYI network and all related hardware.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues and provide break/fix resolution or escalation.
- Keep records of maintenance activities and system performance.
- Work collaboratively with other technicians to support client servers, including logging into client consoles, troubleshooting, rebooting, racking and stacking of equipment, i.e. acting as remote hands.
- Monitor and update trouble tickets, logging all interaction with clients with our internally-developed Help Desk.
- Please note, this job involves heavy equipment lifting.
- Must have hands-on experience, along with strong knowledge in hardware, software and network troubleshooting.
- Must have technical proficiency in relevant operating systems (particularly Unix-based) and applications.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and safety.
We offer a comprehensive package with competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, along with a full range of medical, dental/vision insurance and 401(K) plan from the first day of your employment. Other perks include HealthCare FSA, Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, Basic Life insurance and access to a Learning portal with thousands of courses and books.
NYI is a leading provider of agile hybrid IT solutions and a trusted infrastructure partner to clients across a range of industries. NYI is headquartered in the heart of the Wall Street area and owns and maintains its own data center facilities. The company’s core services include colocation, cloud, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions, complemented by an extensive set of Professional and Managed Services capabilities.