Never encountered a hardware or network issue that you couldn’t troubleshoot? Can you rack and stack in your sleep? NYI is looking for a skilled, personable data center technician who knows how to keep customers happy. You’ll put your problem solving skills to the test as you oversee, maintain and monitor NYI’s network and all related hardware. As a member of the NYI team, you’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with your fellow techies while acting as the eyes, ears and hands within the data center.
As a Data Center Technician, you will be responsible for working with other techs to support client servers, monitor and update trouble tickets and troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues. Your attention to detail and safety will ensure happy customers and smooth operations.
We’re not your typical data center company. Techies at heart, our team is a talented group of individuals that welcomes creative ideas and passion for all things technology.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, maintain and monitor NYI network and all related hardware.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network and provide break/fix resolution or escalation.
- Keep records of maintenance activities and system performance.
- Work with other technicians to support client servers, including logging into clients consoles, troubleshooting, rebooting, racking and stacking of equipment, i.e. acting as remote hands
- Check and update trouble tickets, logging all interaction with clients with the internally-developed Help Desk.
- Please note, this job involves heavy equipment lifting.